Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not Your Typical Dragon

Woohoo! Midterms happen in animation, too! The project was to take our Viking Parasite (again), give him a make-over with a new theme: Not Your Typical Dragon. In addition, we had to do some "creative" and "knowledgeable" sketches, showing our research, creativity, and how it all came together. The project took a LONG, frustrating time, mainly because I was having a hard time coming up with a design that was somehow reminiscent of my Viking, in addition to keeping the design simplified. I would like to come back and add some color to the dragon and maybe streamline him a bit more, but for a caribou-bottle-opener-iguanodon-greyhound-axe dragon, I think it turned out OK in the end. and I had fun doing it :)
You can see the original Viking and the Dragon here, along with all of my idea and study sketches Staedtler, Prisma, Col-Erase, and ballpoint pen.

And here's some of my personal "knowledgeable" and "creative" sketches. Staedtler, Col-erase, ballpoint pen.

2 comments: