Friday, October 28, 2011

Sketches

Hey, I can still draw for fun! These are some James C. Christensen studies I did. I had a particularly fun time drawing the "Redhead." She has a really unique profile that was fun to capture. Titania's expression was also hard to catch and still make her look beautiful, but I think it turned out all right. Please check out more of his work! The guy is fantastic!



This was in response to Riku's new haircut in the new "Kingdom Hearts 3D" a.k.a. "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance" trailer. I was wondering if he's suffering from "invisible hair" syndrome or something, considering how long it was in the second game. While my reaction was "D8," his is probably more like this:
Today, I got to go to Jake Parker's drawing and creativity workshop, and one of his ideas for getting over creative block and improving on drawing skills is to draw a hundred... something. Anything you want or anything you want to improve on. By drawing it a hundred different way, you encounter every creative problem and every creative solution. He also suggested to really make it a goal and to stick to it. So, here goes nothing... My goal is to draw a hundred different ways to fly at least once a week. I've had some ideas floating around in my head, so I figured that this would be a great way to start! So, here are the first two in my series of "Flyers." I'm excited to see where this goes :)
Everything done in pencil in my Piccadily sketchbook.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what an ambitious drawing goal! I'm cheering you on! I love the guy with the flying machine, hee hee <3

    ReplyDelete