Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flyers - Week 3


What did I tell you? I'm posting art again! This Flyer is a bit more abstract, as in more abstract than a flying fish pet. I was reading James Christensen's Men and Angels and came across his painting Sleeper Lost in Dreams. In the description, he mentions that in early art (I believe Christian and/or Renaissance), a figure with one wing meant that they were asleep and dreaming. I also had an idea a while back for a pair of tree branch wings, so I combined the ideas together, and also used Amy Brown as a source of inspiration for the style. So, this flyer takes flight in her dreams :)
I recently got The Lion King on Diamond Edition (and it came with a coloring book!!!!!!!) and was humbly reminded of how epic and awesome and beautiful that film is. Unsurprisingly, it's been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now, right down to the original and Broadway soundtracks constantly being blasted from my speakers... and thinking about Simba and Nala begging Sarabi to let them go to the "watering hole." That's probably one of my favorite lines... other than "SHE'S GONNA EAT ME!!!" So, yeah. I drew my characters quoting Simba and Nala. What now.

Now it's time to flee to Anaheim!!!!!! And I won't pelt you with another lolcat to express my happiness.

Done with the almighty pencil

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that's so cool about the one-winged dreamers! I like!

    Lion King is a staggering work of art, I agree. Heehee, their faces look so cute.

    FLEE TO ANAHEIM!

    ReplyDelete