Thursday, November 10, 2011

Public Service Announcement

INHERITANCE CAME OUT TUESDAY. Yes, I was one of those people that pre-ordered my copy months in advance. What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of my squealing fangirl fury.



And yes, I do real art. This is an atmosphere study for Digital Painting. We're now working on environment studies, so this is the haunted mansion of my version of "Little Red Riding Hood." Neat fact I learned: Moonlight has traces of green in it. Woah. Whodda thunk? We often associate moonlight with blues and purples, but it's the green that makes it moonlight. As soon as I added some green to the light, it was like BAM. The image completely changed in tone and it actually looked creepy! Woohoo! Science works! No, seriously. If you wanna be a good artist, it pays to understand science. Because it works.

Photoshop, and "Inheritance" cover from here.

1 comment:

  1. Green! Definitely wouldn't have thought that, but now that you say it, it totally makes sense!

    ReplyDelete