Monday, November 28, 2011

Yellow Umbrella

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I know I did! I went to Florida with my family and also got to do some work and go in for a job interview! Homework? What's homework? Oh... that thing I worked on for several hours while flying from Salt Lake to Orlando... I'll be posting up my new flyers and my trip reports soon, but for now, I just wanted to share this. Remember that first set of flyers? The girl with the umbrella? (Go look if you don't!) I'm currently developing a story that'll involve most of these flyers and this was just some inspirational sketching I did. Plus it counts for my storyboarding class, which is a plus. I want to make it look storybook-like, and maybe Victoria Ying and Brittney Lee-ish when I refine it. By the way, I bought Victoria and Brittney's books from CTN and they were kind enough to sign them for me! if you haven't checked out their work, flee NOW. It's so lovely you'll probably die from sheer loveliness.


If I may be so prideful... I did this on the plane. Yes, with my tablet, but on the plane. I think it's a feat of wonder...

Photoshop!

2 comments:

  1. On a plane is indeed a feat of wonder! I remember seeing doodles of girls held aloft by umbrellas in your sketchbook many eons ago. Does it hold a special symbolism for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda... I really like the idea of using a simple object like an umbrella to just fly away. Plus, it's associated with depressing stuff like rain, so to use it for happy things like flying is cool to me :)

    ReplyDelete