Saturday, December 3, 2011

Flyers - Weeks 4, 5, 6

Sorry for the lateness, guys... what with traveling and finals approaching, I haven't had the time to make a post... but at least I'm still drawing! And to compensate, I did two flyers this week! None of these images are as done as I'd like them to be... they're more like sketches of ideas. I really want to finish them sometime since I'm aiming to make a book out of these flyers.

Don't like this one so much... the proportions are wrong, the hands are ugly... but the energy is fun! If you can't tell, he's riding a magic carpet.
And what set of flyers would be complete without Harry Potter? Drawing people on broomsticks is hard, but drawing people falling off broomsticks is way more fun.
This one is based on the Russian tale of the Firebird, who can turn into a woman and a bird. I like her profile; it's really different from what I usually do.
I was inspired by the Nutcracker sequence from Fantasia for this one. I even cut out a little snowflake from tissue paper, which proved to be more trouble than regular paper, so... lesson learned!

1 comment:

  1. I love the design of the magic carpet flyer! haha, Harry's pose is wonderful. His determined/cross face is great.

    ReplyDelete