Friday, December 9, 2011

Finals!!!

Here's some work that I've done throughout the course of the semester for 3-D modeling and Digital Painting. Both are still more or less works in progress (especially digital painting, since I haven't turned that one in yet!) until they are portfolio-worthy, but here's what I got! Gah... still such a long ways to go... I'm still working on the arrangement of my objects in the still life thing. But I had a blast using Mudbox! Holy cow! SO much easier to do texturing and detail with that then with Maya! And I'm super happy with my progress in Digital Painting! I'm starting to really like environment design!

Now, I must go work on Storyboarding. Expect some images from that soon!

Used Maya, Mudbox, and Photoshop for 3-D
Used Photoshop for Digital Painting

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!RETURN OF THE UMBRELLA GIRL!!!!

Here are some examples of my storyboard-in-progress. I'm going for a storybook style; just really soft and colorful. I had a lot of fun designing the judges in the bottom image in making them fit in the style of my main character, but still make them ostentatious and showy.

Photoshop

2 comments:

  1. That painting is turning out great Joy! I love the mood, lighting, and colors! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, they are awesome joy!! especially the third one, I love the mood of it and the character in the objects.

    ReplyDelete