Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Flyers - Weeks 7, 8, 9

Christmas is five days away! With that little reminder, I have now successfully given heart attacks to everyone who hasn't done their shopping yet! So, with that spirit of giving in mind, I give you all some Christmas-themed flyers! Sorry I've gotten off-track with posting them; life has been nuts lately and I'm finally able to relax and forget about school and stuff for a while!

I picture this little elf-guy decorating somewhere in Santa's workshop with some little whirly-gig device so he can reach the top of the tree. I also got to watch "Prep and Landing" for the first time, and it's quite awesome! The designs and general Christmas-ness of the jokes and codewords they use are fantastic! I really wanna see the sequel now... This was inspired by the holiday addition of "Peace On Earth" attached at the end of "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" at EPCOT. There's this really neat laser projection of a dove flying above the World Showcase Lagoon, along with a beautiful choir numbers and a banillion fireworks of Christmas awesome. And what Christmas collection would be complete without an angel? I have no idea if the angel who appeared to the shepherds was a man or a woman, but it wasn't until I was done sketching that I found an uncanny resemblance between this angel and a certain girl I draw with an umbrella... perhaps the umbrella girl is an angel, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment