Sunday, January 22, 2012

Flyers - Week 11

Whew, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with my flyers! I'm actually a couple weeks behind in posting only because the stuff I have is still super sketchy and I want to refine it! One of the goals I have for this year is to make some more refined drawings and sketches, especially with color.

Anyways, this flyer was inspired by Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba, in Orlando (right in Downtown Disney!). I've seen the show twice and my favorite act in La Nouba is "RĂªve Rogue," a ballet where dancers fly through the air on silk. I thought it was a pretty unique way to fly :)

Just a sketch with my Prisma Color pencils.
Drew it while listening to this over and over again. You will, too, should you listen to it. And watch it. It'll blow your mind.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joy! This is your most awesome cousins Natalie and Olivia Schneider! We read your christmas card and saw your drawing of Ugine and Repunzel, it was awesome!!!!! Then we looked at the tiny little writing and saw your website! You are an awesome artist and i think your job at Disney World is awesome!!!

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete