Saturday, July 20, 2013

BYU in the NY Times!

A couple months ago, the BYU Animation program had the awesome opportunity to be featured in an article in the New York Times! Students were even asked to participate in a photo shoot that would appear alongside the article. Best part? The New York Times wanted the students participating in the photo shoot to draw caricatures of themselves!

It was pretty unbelievable and fantastic, all of us being asked to do that. The photo shoot was a blast and we had an awesome time doing it! The article turned out great. I'm excited that our work gets to be seen on a national level like this. It raises awareness of our program and (hopefully) puts us on the map for animation studios, and shows that our program treats productions more like films than student projects.

The article can be found here. You can also see our fun photos and caricatures!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/when-hollywood-wants-good-clean-fun-it-goes-to-mormon-country.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I had originally done this caricature of myself for the article, but I wound up using another one instead. I think I like this one more, though.

And, while we're on the subject of caricatures, I did this one for a good friend of mine from my last internship in Disney World. 

I'm not a fan of giant heads with huge noses, or "normal" caricatures. 

1 comment:

  1. Joy, what an awesome article! Loved the pics. I agree with you, I like this caricature of you better. :)

    ReplyDelete